Stage 284’s Youth Studio is offering “Play-in-a-Day” Workshops this fall!
Looking for a taste of theater for your young thespian but worried about the commitment of a full production schedule? Never fear! We have options for you. Come get a taste of theater magic and join us for an entire play in a day!
Youth Studio “Play-in-a-Day” Workshop – Cinderella
Grades 3- 8
Monday, October 8, 9am-4pm
Please fill out the sizing chart link so we can find a costume that works well for every student.
Please submit by Monday, October 1:
- A video clip of your child singing any musical theatre song they love. It can have a karaoke backing track behind it or it can be performed accapella.
- Please also have your child read and record the short dialogue piece which will be provided.
- Email clips to Katie Clarke, Managing Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will rehearse and present workshopped versions on each themed day. Students will receive voice, acting and dance coaching as well as a prop or costume piece to take home with them after the performance. Students will receive their casting prior to the start of class. The week before, students are asked to send in a video and song clip. After they have submitted their video, a cast list will be created and sent out the Friday before the performance. Students are asked to bring basic clothing items to aid in the creation of their costumes and will be sent music and scripts to listen to and prepare as soon as the casting decisions have been made.
Come dip your feet in Stage 284’s programming with this quick and easy production experience that trains, challenges and educates your budding young artist.
What to Bring:
On the day of the workshop, please bring the items listed below with you to rehearsal. NOTE: Please do not wear them, we will change into them when we are getting into costume.
- Black or nude tank top/ undershirt
- Black biker shorts
- Suntan tights
- Jazz or ballet shoes or dark colored sneakers
- Long hair pulled back in a ponytail